Applying to MUFG
What we look for
We look for potential – not a background in finance. And there are two reasons for that. One, our outstanding training will give you all the skills you need. And two, different backgrounds make us stronger. It’s because of people bringing fresh perspectives that we’ve grown so quickly, and so successfully. For us, potential is made up of:
- a strong interest in finance
- good commercial awareness
- a readiness to go the extra mile
- high levels of motivation and integrity
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- plenty of team spirit
- a strong work ethic and a focus on results
- being proactive and eager to learn
- an eye for detail and accuracy
For our analyst programmes you must be in your final year or have graduated in the last 12 months. For our summer internships, you must be in your second year (or third year if you’re on a four-year course). For more information on these, as well as hearing directly from our people please read our new digital brochure.
Our recruitment process
Our five-step recruitment process applies to our summer internship and analyst programmes only. It will identify your strengths and help you find the right role for you. For more advice and tips, download our interview tips pdf.
Choose your programme We offer many roles you may not be aware of. So do your research and work out which roles interest you most. Narrowing it down can be tough, so you can apply for more than one. Here’s how to start choosing.
- Discover which teams you’d be perfect for with our handy sorting tool
- Learn what each part of our business does by reading about our business areas
- Get an insight into what it’s like to work for us by hearing directly from the analysts and interns featured in the personal profiles
- Meet us on campus or come along to one of the insight days we host at our office. Find out where we’ll be and when in our events